Effective as of March 1, 2021
1. Information We Collect or Receive. In the course of operating the App, we will collect and/or receive the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
- In General: When you use our website(s), service(s), and your device(s) you may be asked to provide personal information such as:
- Name and/or business name
- Home address and/or business address
- Home, business, and/or mobile telephone number
- Email address
- Credit, debit, or other payment account number and related information
- Date of birth or other identifying personal characteristics
- Social Security Number
- Emergency contact list information about others
- Personal identification code
- Product Specific: Certain device(s) or service(s) may collect additional information such as:
- Audio, video, and still-image recordings from your personal device(s)
- Geolocation and GPS information including physical location of your device(s) by using satellite, cell phone tower, or Wi-Fi signals
- Motion detection, accelerometer activity, and climate conditions surrounding your device(s)
- Monitoring event information such as arming and disarming your device(s)
- Internet protocol (IP) addresses, internet service provider (ISP), date/time stamp, and/or other event data which is automatically collected and stored in log files
How Safety Scope Collects Information: Your personal and non-personal information is collected in various ways in connection with our website(s), service(s), and your device(s):
- In many cases you give information directly to us. For example, you may be required to provide us personal information when:
- Registering for the service(s) or an account with us
- Activating your device(s)
- Signing up for special offers from SSI and selected third parties
- Submitting a paper form or transmitting information to us online or via telephone
- Submitting your credit card or other payment information
- Receiving our service(s) including talking with sales representatives, service technicians, and customer service and monitoring centers (some of which may be recorded to ensure service(s) quality and to maintain an accurate record of our communications with you)
- Visiting and interacting with our website(s).
- Nature of the Information that SSI collects from the Users.
- Personal Information. We only receive or collect information that identifies you personally if you choose to provide such personally identifiable information to us via email or other means. When you sign up to become a user or contact us, you will be required to provide us with personal information about yourself (collectively, the “Personal Information”). Such Personal Information may include your name, your likeness, e-mail address, physical address, and phone number. We do not collect any Personal Information from you when you use the App unless you provide us with the Personal Information voluntarily.
- Geolocational Information. Certain features and functionalities of the App are based on your location. In order to provide these features and functionalities while you are using your mobile device, we may, with your consent, automatically collect geolocational information from your mobile device or wireless carrier and/or certain third-party service providers (collectively, “Geolocational Information”). Collection of such Geolocational Information occurs only when the App is running on your device. You may decline to allow us to collect such Geolocational Information, in which case we will not be able to provide certain features or functionalities to you.
- Other Information. In addition to the Personal Information, Payment Information, and Geolocational Information, we may automatically collect or receive additional information regarding you and your use of the App; your interactions with us and our advertising; and information regarding your computer and mobile devices used to access the App (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
- From You. Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us, such as your gender and your product and service preferences.
- From Your Activity. We may collect or receive information regarding:
- IP address, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or mobile device;
- browser type and language;
- referring and exit pages and URLs;
- date and time; and
- Audio and Video logs of you or other third parties with whom you interact with.
- details regarding your activity on the App, such as search queries and other performance and usage data.
- About Your Mobile Device. We may collect or receive information regarding:
- type of mobile device;
- advertising Identifier (“IDFA” or “AdID”);
- operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows);
- carrier; and
- network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE).
- type of mobile device;
- personalize your experience;
- analyze which portions of the App are visited and used most frequently; and
- measure and optimize advertising and promotional effectiveness.
If you do not want us to deploy cookies in the App, you can opt out by setting your mobile device to reject cookies. You can still use the App if you choose to disable cookies, although your ability to use some of the features may be affected.
- Local Stored Objects: We may store information about your browsing activities through locally stored objects by using technologies such as “Flash cookies” and HTML5 (“LSOs”). LSOs tack your actions and store information about your preferences and can be used by third party partners to deliver interest-based advertisements.
- Social Media Features: Our website(s) include social media features that may collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address of the page you are visiting and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. These features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly by us.
- Log Files: We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
For further details you can refer here.
4. OPT-OUT provisions. Safety Scope does not intend to use your information with third party advertisers. However, as stated If you wish to opt out of third-party sharing described in Section 4 above, users of mobile Devices can follow the below instructions:
- Android Users. For Android devices with OS 2.2 and up and Google Play Services version 4.0 and up: Open your Google Settings app > Personal information > Enable “Opt out of Third Party Sharing.”
DISCLAIMER: SAFETY SCOPE’S EFFECTIVENESS AS A SECURITY/ PROTECTIVE APPLICATION IS DEPENDENT ON OUR ABILITY TO COLLECT DATA FROM THE USER AND SHARE WITH PROFESSIONAL SECURITY SERVICES, LAW ENFORCEMENT, DISTRICT ATTORNEY OFFICES, EMERGENCY SERVICE PROVIDERS AND OTHER NECESSARY THIRD PARTIES. OPTING OUT OF SHARING WILL PREVENT THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE APPLICATION AND MAY RESULT IN INJURY OR LOSS OF LIFE TO THE USER. WHERE USER HAS OPTED OUT OF THIRD PARTY SHARING, USER, THEIR HEIRS, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, OR ASSIGNS, EXPLICITLY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST SAFETY SCOPE INC. AND ANY OF ITS MANGERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, ASSIGNS, AND THIRD PARTY AFFILIATES FOR ANY INJURY SUSTAINED BY USER AS A RESULT OF THE INABILITY TO SHARE PERSONAL, GEOLOCATION, OR OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION ABOUT USER WITH THE NECESSARY THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY DAMAGES SUSTAINED BY USER.
5. How Information Is Used and Shared.
- Third Party Providers: We do not sell your information to third parties for their own marketing purposes. We may share your information with partners and service providers to provide some of our service(s) (private security services etc.) and to complete our business purposes as described above. Before we share personal information, we enter into written agreements with the business partners which contain data protection terms that safeguard your data. These companies may use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us, except as otherwise authorized by you for another purpose.
- Emergency Services: To provide our service(s), we will share your information with persons designated in your contact list and third-party emergency service providers such as police departments, fire departments, and emergency medical services.
- Legal Authorities: We may also disclose your information for legal reasons including to comply with a subpoena or court order or similar legal process, to cooperate with law enforcement, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- Transfer in the Event of Sale or Change of Control: We may transfer your information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
- Cross-Border Transfer: We may transfer, store, and/or access your information electronically or in hard copy in the United States or Canada. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. Such information is subject to the laws of the country in which it is transferred, stored, or accessed.
- You authorize us to use the Personal Information, Payment Information, Geolocational Information, and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to:
- provide and improve our App;
- provide our services;
- administer our promotional programs;
- solicit your feedback; and
- inform you about our products and services.
- We engage third-party companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, customer service, marketing assistance, and administration of promotional programs. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users, the App, and our products and services, we may analyze certain Information in anonymized and aggregate form to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the App and/or such products and services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share and/or license this aggregate data to our affiliates, agents, business and promotional partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics to describe the App and these products and services to current and prospective business partners and investors and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information:
- when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or
- whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or others, including you.
6. Collection from Minors: What Information ADT Collects from Children:
In General: Safety Scope’s website(s) and service(s) are intended for a general audience and we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals that are less than 13 years of age. We adhere to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and will not knowingly collect Personal Information from any child under the age of 13.
7. Accessing and Modifying Information and Communication Preferences. If you have provided us any Personal Information, you may access, remove, review, and/or make changes to the same by contacting us as set forth below. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any of our marketing e-mails. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to the App (e.g., requests for support).
We may also deliver notifications to your mobile device (e.g., push notifications). You can disable these notifications by deleting the relevant service or by changing the settings on your mobile device. A change in push notifications can alter the services provided. SSI is not responsible and User, and their family, heirs, Executors, administrators or assigns or anyone representing User specially waives any claims for damages that result from the failure to receive information due to a change in the notification setting.
8. How We Protect Your Information. We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases or the databases of the third parties with which we may share such Information, nor can we guarantee that the Information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
9. Important Notices to Non-U.S. Residents. The App and its servers are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that your Information, including your Personal Information, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the App, you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to such transfer, processing, and use in the United States and elsewhere.
10. App Stores; External Websites. Your app store (e.g., iTunes or Google Play) may collect certain information in connection with your use of the App, such as Personal Information, Payment Information, Geolocational Information, and other usage-based data. We have no control over the collection of such information by a third-party app store, and any such collection or use will be subject to that third party’s applicable privacy policies.
11. California Privacy Law: Do Not Track. We do not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.